In developing a profile in healthcare innovation, the Pillar Centre for Transformative Healthcare, through collaboration with the recently established Innovation office, will act as a catalyst in transforming the innovation mind-set within MMUH and the wider healthcare community. Activities that incorporate creative thinking and new ways of working will be prioritised in order to foster a culture of innovation. The Pillar Centre will place strong emphasis on scientific rigour and evidence based practice.
We aim to achieve this goal by
- Developing a formalised programme in innovation in services and new models of care
- Promoting activities that incorporate creative thinking and new ways of working to foster a culture of innovation
- Placing strong emphasis on scientific rigour and evidence based practice
- Developing programmes in Device Development and Remote Monitoring
- Liaising with appropriate agencies (e.g. NOVA UCD and others) to optimise commercial opportunities